When in season, something quick & easy to get you started. Asparagus and sprouting broccoli with greens & refreshing Greek yogurt dressing.
Mixed greens, asparagus, purple & white sprouting broccoli with Greek yogurt dressing
Just a light and refreshing salad, really simple and easy to prepare. Enjoy
- Good bunch of your favourite mixed greens.
- 100g Asparagus, woody tips removed & cut into twos.
- 100g Tender stem purple & white sprouting broccoli.
- 25g Toasted flaked almonds, (you can do this by placing them in a pan over a medium heat and gently tossing until lightly golden in colour, keeping a good eye on them so they do not burn.
- 50g Greek yogurt
- 1 x Tbsp chopped mint
- 1 x Tsp ground cumin
- 1 x Tsp smoked paprika
- 1 x Tbsp olive oil
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the asparagus and broccoli for 3 minutes, drain and refresh under cold water.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the yogurt, mint, spices & olive oil.
- Pile the leaves onto plates, arrange the asparagus & broccoli on top, dollop over the yogurt dressing, and top with the toasted almonds and a good grind of black pepper. Enjoy.