Hello — just hoping to inspire, and making the most of cooking from scratch for family & friends.
Enjoy having a look around
Something refreshing for summer
Something seasonal, quick & easy to get you started, Fragrant stock syrup infused with herbs & spices with refreshing fruit salad.
Fragrant stock syrup infused with herbs & spices
Just something a little different to serve along-side a plate of fruit salad, with an aromatic smattering of stock syrup to enhance the flavour. Enjoy
- 300ml Still water
- 100g Caster sugar
- Peel of 1 lemon, use a potato peeler for this, just the outer yellow bit.
- 2 x Bay-leaves
- 3 x All spice berries
- 1 x Star anise
- Small sprig of savory herb,or, if can not fine this, some lemon balm.
- Few sprigs of mint leaves
- 100g Greek naturel yogurt
- 50g Smoked almonds.
- ¼ of watermelon rind removed, cut into small triangle wedges.
- 2 x Plums stoned and cut into quarters.
- 2 x Nectarines stoned and cut into quarters.
- 1 x Orange segmented, and any juice squeezed & reserved.
- 250g Seedless red grapes
- 200g Blueberries
- 2 x green apples sliced into wedges.
- ¼ of a cucumber, peeled, split in half lengthwise, seeds removed, and cut into ½ cm semi circles.
- Place the water and sugar in a medium sized saucepan, then place on a low to medium heat, adding in the bay-leaves, lemon peel, anise & all spice berries.
- Stir gently until dissolved, remove from the heat and add in the savory herb or lemon balm and cucumbers.
- Leave to stand until cool, remove the herbs, pour into a jar and place in the fridge until completely chilled.
- Combine all the fruit and serve with dollops of yogurt, smoked almonds, strips of fresh mint leaves, then spoon over the syrup along with a couple of pieces cucumber. Enjoy
Selection of our bread recipes
- Sourdough Baguettes
- Sweet raisin loaf
- Ciabatta loaves
- White flour & stoneground rye onion bread
- White sourdough loaf
- Spelt sourdough
- Whole wheat loaf
- Seeded white & rye sourdough
Recipes to explore
Some Of Our Favourite Recipes
Were would we be, without the culinary delights of fresh herbs!
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020