- Salted Macadamia & pecan butter cookies
- Lemon & lime maderia traybake
- Swiss apricot buns
- Chocolate caramel cupcakes
- Fruit, oat & butter flapjacks
One of our favourite cookie recipes
Salted Macadamia & Pecan Butter Cookies
Rich & chewy, these cookies are quick and easy and the use of coconut sugar adds an extra buttery caramel edge
Ingredients•125g lightly roasted pecan nuts
• 50g lightly roasted macadamia nuts
• 225g unsalted butter
• 150g coconut sugar
• 100g dark brown sugar
• 1 tspn vanilla extract
• 100g caster sugar
• 1x large egg & 1x egg yolk
• 1 tspn cornflour
• ½ tspn baking powder
• ½ tspn baking soda
• 375g plain flour
• ½ tspn salt
- Melt butter gently & combine with the sugar and vanilla.
- Blend flour with all the dry ingredients together.
- Whisk eggs, add to the melted butter & sugar mix.
- Then mix all the ingredients together well, including the nuts.
- Place scoops of the dough, approx. golf ball size, onto a baking tray lined with parchment.
- Bake for approx. 12- 14min @ 170/c 375F gas 3, remove and allow to cool.
Lemon & Lime Maderia Traybake
One of the first recipes I was taught in college was a standard maderia mix which can be applied in many ways, in this recipe tangy lemon & lime frosting finishes it off, nice and easy
• 225g Butter softened (room temperature)
• 225g Caster sugar
• 275g Plain flour
• 4 Medium eggs
• 1 tspn vanilla extract
• Juice, & zest of a lemon & lime
• pinch of salt
FOR THE FROSTING
• 300g icing sugar
• Blend this with some of the lime & lemon juice unil you reach a creamy pouring consistency, make sure and add a little juice at a time
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer using the whisk attachment
- Add in the eggs one at a time along with spoonfulls of flour until all is added in
- Now add the vanilla, half the zest & a tablespoonfull of the lime and lemon juice and continue whisking until incorporated
- The mixture should be fairly light & fluffy.
- Pour the mixture into a tin which has been lined with parchment & place in a pre-heatd oven 180c/fan Gas4.
- Bake for approx. 30-35 min’ or until a skewer or tip of a knife inserted into the middle should come out clean
- Leave to cool, finish by spreading the frosting on top & sprinkling with the remaining lemon & lime zest
Swiss Apricot Buns
This is one off our Friday night treats courtesy of Kathleen, really easy, this one is credited to Mary Berry recipe. Very similar to viennese swirls, short & crumbly
• 225g Butter that has been softened
• 75g Icing sugar
• 200gSelf-raising flour
• 50g cornflour
• little apricot jam & icing sugar for dusting
• Bun tin & cases
- Cream the butter and sugar together & beat until soft & fluffy.
- Stir in the flours and mix until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag with a star nozzle. Pipe swirls of the mixture in a circular motion into the bun cases, leaveing a little gap for the jam.
- Bake in pre-heated oven 180°/c gas 4 for 15-20 minutes
- To finish, allow to cool & place a small amount of apricot jam in the center & dust with icing sugar.
Something a little different, Chocolate Marquise, Clemintine Sorbet, Peanut Rayu Brittle, Chocolate Soil & raspberry.