Roasted winter roots & collard greens wrap, cannellini bean hummus with celeriac and harissa ‘mayo’
Plenty of local vegetables in this recipe complemented with shallots, garlic & rosemary and thyme from the garden. The collard greens used as a wrap is perfect, really robust and stands up to the filling. If you cannot find these, use inner leaves of a cabbage after a light steam.
- Selection of winter veg’ (red cabbage, purple potato, beetroot, leeks, carrots with shallots & garlic bulb cut in half). You can use your favourite veg’ plus a few sprigs of thyme & rosemary.
- 4 x tbs Rapeseed oil
1.Place all the vegetables into a roasting tray, keeping them fairly even in size, the red cabbage I cut into wedges. Toss in the oil, season with salt & pepper, pop in the sprigs of rosemary and thyme and roast for approx. 1 hour @ 170°c/ gas 3 until just tender, try and keep a little bite.
Cannellini bean & roasted vegetable hummus
Taking some of the roasted vegetables boosts the flavour off this quick hummus
- ½ can cannellini beans, approx. 100g
- 2 x Cloves garlic from the roasted veg’
- ½ x Carrot from the roasted veg’
- ¼ x Beetroot from the roasted veg’
- ½ x Shallot from the roasted veg’
- 2 x tbsp olive oil
- 2 x tbsp Water
- ½ x tsp ground cumin
- 1 x tbsp Tahini
- 1 x tbs lemon juice
- salt & pepper
1.Blend all the ingredients together to form a smooth & creamy purée, use more water to get the required consistency, Taste for seasoning.
Celeriac & harissa mayo
Roasting the celeriac the day before will speed this recipe up or first thing in the morning
- 1 x small to medium celeriac, roasted for approx. 2 hours with a little rapeseed oil, salt & pepper, then left to cool. Remove skin and chop into small pieces.
- 1 x tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 x tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 2 x tbsp Coconut cream
- 2 x tbsp water
- 1 x tsp Dijon mustard
- Blend all the ingredients together to a mayonnaise consistency and check for seasoning.
- Divide the dressing up and add 1 x tsp harissa paste to one – more if you like it spicy. 🌶️