Dark Chocolate & Irish Whisky Fudge
Rich, Dark & indulgent with a hint of Irish whiskey. This slab will go a long way, just little at a time will definitely satisfy any sweet tooth
- 100g butter
- 500g dark brown sugar
- 150g golden syrup
- 200g dark chocolate
- 300ml double cream
- 75ml Irish Whiskey
- 100g white chocolate
- Add the butter, brown sugar, syrup & cream to a saucepan and place over a gentle heat mixing well until combined.
- Making sure the sugar has dissolved, turn the heat up and heat the mixture until it reaches 116°/c, you will ideally use a sugar thermometer for this. Just leave it in the pot and stir occasionally.
- Remove from the heat & stir in the dark chocolate & whiskey.
- Pour into a baking tray lined with parchment, melt the white chocolate & pour over the white chocolate, feather with a wooden skewer to give it a decorative finish.
- Leave to cool completely before attempting to cut it into squares
I place mine in the fridge until completely chilled, remove, and cut it into cubes. Place on trays to freeze using parchment to prevent sticking. Then I layer it up & store it back in the freezer & take it out as I need it, it does not last long though!😋