The kids favourite way to eat porridge oats, i guess you gotta start somewhere!
Fruit, oat & butter flapjacks
We make these for an occasional treat for the kids, they always disappear very quickly, considering if you placed a bowl of porridge with dried fruit in front of them their reaction would be a lot different, maybe the butter has something to do with it! 😋😋
- 250g Butter
- 250g Soft brown sugar
- 4 x tbsp honey
- Pinch of salt
- 100g Mixed nuts, chopped.
- 150g Mixed dried fruit
- 350g Porridge oats
- 25cm x 25cm baking tin lined with parchment.
- Combine butter, sugar, honey & salt in a pot and melt.
- Blend in the nuts, dried fruit and oats and press evenly into the baking tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven 150c/gas 2 for 35 minutes and lightly golden on top.
- Cut into squares in the tin after it as cooled slightly, then remove, when they have cooled completely.