Marie or a Rich tea biscuit sandwiched with butter was the go to snack or supper, pretty decent. With gallons of milk to wash it down, in fact milk with breakfast, lunch & dinner was how it went. But catch my kids drinking it, would be like waiting for a blue moon. A little with breakfast on their cereal. I’m wondering if that’s the norm’ with all kids?
Converted a long time ago to peanut butter & jam & then peanut butter cookies.
Give this quick & easy recipe a go
Peanut butter, Spelt & orange cookies
Crispy outer edges, and slightly chewy towards the center, with just a hint of orange to finish. PERFECT
•125g self-raising flour
• 100g spelt
• 100g butter
• 100g peanut butter, Crunchy with no added sugar if you can get it
• 75g dark brown sugar
• 75g caster sugar
• 1x large egg beaten
• 1 tspn baking powder
- Melt butter gently with the peanut butter.
- Blend flours with sugar & baking powder.
- Beat egg, add to the flour along with the melted butter & peanut butter.
- Then mix well all the ingredients to form a soft dough.
- Divide the mixture up into 16-18 pieces depending on the size you would like them. and place on parchment lined baking sheet,
- Leave plenty of space between them as they will spread – bake for approx. 12- 14min @ 170/c fan, gas 3, remove and allow to cool.
I’ve tried this with course wholemeal as well, give’s it lots of texture, and it feels healthy eating them.😂