Break out the waffle irons !
Just a little suggestion, for a weekend treat, maybe for a late brunch. Much better to make your own, if you do not have a waffle maker, now is the perfect excuse to invest in one.
Bake more delicious waffles
- 300g plain flour, sieved.
- 4 x egg separated, and whites whisked
- 2 x tbsp caster sugar
- 600ml Full-fat milk
- 50g melted butter
- ½ x tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 x tsp baking powder
- 50ml Melted butter
- pinch of Salt
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and add in the egg yolks and melted butter.
- With a balloon whisk slowly add in the milk until you get a smooth batter, add in vanilla extract.
- Fold in the egg whites until fully incorporated.
- Heat up your waffle iron as instructed by the manufacture; I have a waffle iron which is great on open flame gas which is what I like using.
- Ladle just enough batter into your waffle maker and cook until golden and cooked through, continue using up the rest of the batter-placing the cooked waffles on a baking tray-I then pop mind in a pre-heated oven 160c/gas 4 to finish off & warm through approx. 5minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar & enjoy. 🧇🧇🧇
Just like pancakes, there is an endless choice of toppings that you can add like maple syrup, honey, fruit, yogurt, extra crispy bacon (my favourite) or, depending on the time-of-day, ice cream😋😋